Impington Village College
Teacher of Science Key Stage 3-5
Required: January 2019
Salary: IVC Main Scale / IVC UPS
This is a rare and incredibly exciting opportunity to join a truly outstanding and well-established faculty and a unique, dynamic and innovative Village College on the edge of Cambridge.
Science outcomes at IVC are consistently in the top 2% nationally for both attainment and progress. In the first year of the reformed GCSEs, Science outcomes were exceptional; over 50% of our very large cohort of Triple Scientists achieved Grade 9s and over 90% achieved at least a Grade 7. Trilogy outcomes were also incredibly strong, with 80% of students achieving at least 4-4 and significant numbers achieving Grades 7-9. You would also have the opportunity to teach at IB level, where Sciences are a core part of the Diploma Programme for all students, and where outcomes are well in excess of the national and international averages.
You would be joining an innovative, collaborative and dynamic faculty where staff are highly committed to professional development and to developing students' love of Science. There will be numerous opportunities to continue developing your practice, through connections with the Institute of Physics and a range of in-house CPD programmes. You will be well supported in the faculty by a number of highly experience colleagues, including two Specialist Leaders in Education and two Lead Practitioners. The Science team also run a range of exciting extra-curricular activities, including CREST through our enrichment programme, and a regular trip to CERN in Geneva.
With your knowledge and passion for Science you will have the opportunity to build upon the successful curriculum embedded at IVC and deliver a high quality learning experience to our inspirational students.
In return IVC and the MET can offer you:
• competitive salaries including a recruitment and retention allowance for the right candidate
• reduced contact time for all teachers to facilitate professional learning/reduce workload
• the opportunity to teach all key stages including the International Baccalaureate in our Sixth Form
• the opportunity to work for a faculty where collaboration is a high priority and the programme of professional learning is outstanding
• excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including responsibility across the Trust
• access to the opportunities created by our newly established Morris Teaching School Alliance
• support to undertake a Masters in Education through our links with Cambridge University “SUPER Programme” and other L5 accredited professional development
• support in an organisation where wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do and which has led to the introduction of a successful well-being directory to improve well-being and work-life balance
• subsidised access to the MET’s sports centre leisure facilities available for use before, during and after the school day
We offer excellent support for NQTs which includes:
• Paid employment from July to support you and give you time to prepare for the academic year ahead
• A structured NQT programme which includes bespoke professional learning and an outstanding, subject-specialist mentor
• A reduced timetable to allow you to build on your pedagogy during your NQT year
• Access to trust-wide NQT events
The MET is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing Date: 9am Friday 21 September
An application pack is available from our website www.impington.cambs.sch.uk. Applicants must complete a College application form - we cannot accept CVs. We welcome visits to the College and please contact Valerie Hastings firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit. If you require any further information please contact Susan Kay, HR Manager, 01223 200429 or email on email@example.com
New Road, Impington, Cambridge, CB24 9LX Tel: 01223 200400