Are you looking for a new opportunity to grow with a brand new school, where there is the potential for additional responsibility for the right candidate?
Full time or part time candidates are welcomed, as are those with the ability to teach other STEM subjects.
You will shape the development of our specialist science provision in a new and unique University Technical College. Sir Simon Milton Westminster UTC opened in September 2017 in the heart of London’s West End. It is a flagship for technical skills education offering 550 young people between 14 and 19, the opportunity to join a new generation of engineers, designers, technicians and project managers to build Britain’s infrastructure. It is the only central London UTC and its catchment spans the M25.
Do you want to work in a forward thinking and dynamic UTC where staff professional development is at the heart of our work?
We are seeking to appoint highly qualified, innovative and inspirational teachers, who are passionate about their subject and who are committed to raising aspirations, and securing sustained progress for all of our students. The post is suitable for an experienced teacher or an NQT. There is the potential for additional responsibility for a strong candidate.Those who require training and who are willing to study for a recognised teaching qualification alongside their teaching practice are also welcome to apply, and will be paid on a separate pay scale.
Benefits of working with us:
- An additional UTC allowance of £2000 per annum on top of pay scale
- Unrivalled opportunities for career development
- Conveniently situated within walking distance of London Victoria, Pimlico and Sloane Square stations
- Exciting and innovative educational institution, allowing you to influence and shape your area of work
- Work alongside top employers
- Work within a brand new building designed for modern technical education
- Outstanding resources to support learning, including an exceptionally high IT/ student ratio & industry standard specialist equipment
- Outstanding internal and external professional development opportunities to help you excel in your role and shape your skills and future potential.
- Opportunities to gain funding for additional leadership qualifications, such as the NPQML/ SL/H.
- Class sizes and student numbers that will allow you to personalise your approach to the students
- Benefits are aligned with the Teachers' main scale pay and conditions, including a generous inner London allowance and the standard 195 working days.
If you are interested in the post, please complete an application form and include a statement (of no more than two sides of A4) outlining your reasons for applying and your suitability for the post. This should be written addressing the skills, experiences and qualities as outlined in the person specification. This post commences on 1st September 2018.