We are seeking a creative and enthusiastic teacher of Chemistry who is passionate about teaching and learning to join our outstanding Science department.
What we offer:
• An outstanding track record at GCSE and A level
• A department of colleagues who support each other
• Professional development through the Harrow Collegiate Teaching School Alliance
• Mindfulness and wellbeing activities each week along with staff sports and clubs
• One of the best sites in London, located on the greenbelt next to Bentley Priory and set in 27 acres of woodland and fields, providing and exceptional learning environment
Bentley Wood High had a phenomenal 0.9 progress 8 score in 2018 this continues to build on an exceptional progress 8 scores over the past 3 years. Students achieved 76% grades 9-4 in both English & mathematics. The achievement grade 4 or above in E-Bacc at 54% is significantly higher than schools nationally. Many subjects achieved strong GCSE results with a high proportion of students achieving grades 9-7. All 6th Form students study and complete 4 AS courses in Year 12 and 3 A Levels in Year 13. Bentley Wood Sixth Form maintains an ALPS T- score in the top 10% of schools across all subjects at both AS and A Level.
“Outstanding teaching stimulates the students’ passion, igniting their enthusiasm and interests for learning. Students’ behaviour around the school and their attitudes to learning in lessons are exemplary” Ofsted Outstanding.
School visits welcome.
Closing date: Noon on Thursday 18th April 2019.
Interview date: Thursday 24th 2019.
For any additional details please contact the Headteacher, Janice Howkins, Clamp Hill, Stanmore, Middlesex, HA7 3JW, 020 8954 3623 or email@example.com .
An Equal Opportunities Employer
Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children