Ash Hill Academy are looking to appoint a Teacher of Science to join our academy in September 2020.
The role will involve:
- Carrying out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with academy policies, under the direction of the Principal.
• Promoting the achievement of high standards through effecting teaching and learning within subject area(s), preparation, evaluation and action planning.
• Modelling the vision and values of the academy.
• Being part of the team driving the development of the academy to become an ‘outstanding’ academy.
• Receiving and acting on feedback to build on the strengths and improve personal performance within the academy systems.
• Contributing, where appropriate, to implementing policies and practice and to promote collective responsibility for their implementation.
• Taking into account and constantly reviewing academy contextual factors and prior attainment when planning and teaching lessons.
• Working in a cross-curricular way to support subjects across the academy in the use of active learning approaches to enrich curriculum and skills delivery.
• Recognising, promoting and celebrating diversity.
Ash Hill is a challenging yet extremely rewarding school on the move! Situated just off the M18, the school is ideally located for travel from Leeds, Sheffield, Doncaster, Goole and Scunthorpe. Currently, results are on a 3 year upward trend, student numbers are on a 3 year upward trend and parental buy-in is the best it has ever been! Staff morale is high (ask them), staff CPD is targeted to meet the academy’s needs whilst catering for teacher professional development – we finance a variety of NPQ’s and support both external and internal sessions. Two hours per week is given to every teacher as a minimum. As part of a trust, career opportunities and the sharing of best practice is widespread – support is always at hand. Currently Ash Hill is having a new 21st century school built to meet our growing needs; come for a visit and join us on our journey.
The latest Ofsted grading showed the school to have ‘Good’ leadership and management and a ‘Good’ post 16 programme.
For more information and to apply for this position please visit our website at http://recruitment.deltatrust.org.uk
Closing Date: Friday 3rd April 2020 at 12 noon
Interview Date: w/c 6th April 2020
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.