King James I Academy is a dynamic and forward-looking school looking to recruit an inspirational Science teacher to an exciting new post working within our experienced and highly skilled Science Department. We are looking to appoint an additional Science teacher to provide additional capacity to our fully staffed department; a teacher who would be interested in bringing new ideas and creative thinking to a unique role. This is an ideal post for an aspirant NQT or qualified teacher.
The successful candidate will:
• be a talented, ambitious and creative practitioner
• be an NQT or experienced teacher who is a team player, resilient, willing and able to learn and with excellent organisational and communication skills
• be a teacher who takes pride in building relationships with students and believes strongly in the ability of all students both within and beyond the classroom
• be able to inspire and motivate colleagues and students alike
• be supported through a bespoke and individually tailored induction or NQT programme as well as being given opportunities and support for further career and professional development
Working at King James I Academy will provide the opportunity to join a dedicated team of staff whose mission is to become an outstanding Academy that develops successful, well rounded, socially mobile and confident young people who can contribute effectively to the global community.
In summer 2018, students achieved very positive outcomes in all year groups. Results in KS4 placed us high in Durham, based upon the Progress 8 measure, and the progress of learners in our Sixth Form was similarly impressive. Teachers have worked very hard to achieve improvement and we are justifiably proud of our school, our students and our staff.
Recent Ofsted success! King James I Academy was recently judged as a Good school!
Closing Date: Monday 14th January 2019 (Mid-Day)
Interview Date: Friday 25th January 2019
Please ring or email the Academy for an application pack. If you would like to arrange an informal visit please contact Ben Pearson (email@example.com) or on 01388 603388. Please note that completed applications must be returned to the above email address or by post to King James I Academy, South Church Road, Bishop Auckland, County Durham DL14 7JZ by the closing date.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding children. All candidates will need to demonstrate a commitment to the welfare and safety of children and young people. Any offer of employment will be conditional upon receipt of two supportive references and the successful completion of a DBS and Health Check.
King James I Academy is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.