Aylward Academy is an inclusive 11-19 community school and proud to serve the communities around Enfield. Over the last 4 years our school has been transformed and we are starting September 2018 looking forward to continued success.
We are looking to appoint a teacher of Science. If you’re an outstanding, enthusiastic and ambitious teacher of Science (preferably Chemistry or Physics specialism) with QTS who can teach at KS3 and KS4 and across all ability ranges, and thinking about your next career move, please get in touch. You will demonstrate high standards of delivery in a consistent manner and be committed to improving achievement across all key stages.
Our Science faculty can boast state of the art facilities which will includes 10 new science classrooms, two Technology workshops, two Catering rooms and an ICT suite with Apple macs. All are equipped with the latest Technology such as laser cutters, a 3D printer and scanner and extremely well resourced science laboratories. This reflects the importance the academy sees Science and Technology playing in the development of the Academy’s future success.
We can offer you:
- The CPD at Aylward is excellent, there is a wide range of personalised opportunities to develop your practice and further develop your career. As a team we support and challenge each other through meetings, peer observation, mentoring and team planning.
- Opportunities to join a career development programme in line with your professional development – ie Ambition School Leadership, Transforming Teacher programme, Tailored Support Programme
- An extremely diverse and engaging student body; working at Aylward will prepare you for any London school and is an exciting challenge for those who’re looking to teach a vibrant multicultural mix of all abilities
- Friendly and supportive SLT - the door is always open to speak freely to senior leaders and you will be warmly received from your very first day
What you can offer us:
- Strong leadership qualities and a commitment to excellent teaching and learning opportunities for our students
- The ability to engage a team of colleagues, inspire trust, and implement the right strategies to ensure sustained progress
- Be committed to continuous improvement and development of the department
- Commitment to engage with and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of the AET academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be offered membership of a private health cash plan, pension scheme and childcare vouchers.
Closing date: Monday 28 January 2019
Interview date: W/C 4 February 2019
Please note that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. To apply please click the ‘Quick Apply’ button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.