Legra Trust (made up of three Academies, Belfairs, Cecil Jones and Darlinghurst) is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Science to be based at Cecil Jones Academy.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and aspiring professional. You will become part of a vibrant and energetic work environment and join a highly committed group of students and staff.
If you have the drive and initiative to rise to a new challenge and become part of our team we would like to hear from you.
We can offer:
- National CPD Mark
- Excellent facilities including interactive white boards in every classroom
- A family ethos with dynamic and supportive staff
- Wonderful students that appreciate everything you do for them
- A moral purpose to transform the life chances and opportunities of our young people.
Why Legra Academy Trust? We provide top quality, high impact early years, primary and secondary education in the county of Essex. We currently manage three academies in the Southend-on-Sea area: Belfairs Academy, Cecil Jones Academy and Darlinghurst School.
We are responsible for approximately 3000 young people from nursery to age 19 and employ around 450 staff. Each of our academies is fully committed to achieving excellence for the benefit of all our students’, staff and the wider community. Our motto is ‘Shaping the Future Together’ and we really mean it – so why don’t you come and help us achieve it? You can find out more about us at www.legraacademytrust.org.uk
Our core values are:
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent and innovative classroom practitioner who can lead and enthuse students
- Be able to lead example as an outstanding teacher
- Have a proven track record of leading innovation to impact upon student achievement
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Exude a passion for learning and a driving ambition for every learner.
To apply for this position, please complete the online teachers application form from our website. Further details are available from Toni Birch 01702 440003. Visits to the academy are welcome by appointment.
Cecil Jones Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures, this appointment will be subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check and satisfactory references. Cecil Jones Academy is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to positive employment policies to promote equal opportunity in employment regardless of sexual orientation, age, marital status, ethnic origin, sex, nationality, religion or disability. Our policy complies with all relevant legislation and codes of practice