We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspirational Teacher of Science to join a committed and successful department. This post is suitable for either an experienced teacher or a NQT seeking to start their career in a caring and supportive team with expertise in training and development.
Testbourne Community School, an 11-16 comprehensive school with an extremely able cohort, is an Outstanding School (Ofsted 2010) which provides a forward thinking, outward looking and vibrant learning environment. We pride ourselves on the strength of staff and student relationships and we have a strong community at the heart of our ethos. Our shared philosophy is embodied by our strapline ‘Achievement, Excellence, Integrity.’ Under the leadership of our new Headteacher, we are working together to continually raise expectations, improve our practice and raise standards of students’ achievements in order to secure our outstanding judgement for the future.
In 2018, 78% of our students achieved a Grade 4 or higher in both English and Maths. In Biology, Chemistry and Physics, 56%-80% of students achieved a Grade 7 or higher. In Combined Science, 24% achieved a Grade 7 or higher and 81% a Grade 4 or higher.
The successful candidate will:
• be an excellent or potentially excellent teacher of Science;
• be passionate about Science and engaging students in the subject.
• have a passion for learning and teaching and the scientific theories behind learning;
• be forward thinking, reflective and keen to develop as a practitioner;
• have deep subject knowledge and be passionate about helping all students, including the most able, appreciate Science and understand how to succeed in the subject.
In return we:
• offer professional development and expertise to enable staff to achieve excellence;
• provide a highly supportive environment with opportunities to develop as an education practitioner;
• provide a highly professional and collaborative working environment focused on developing a love of learning;
• offer first rate personal career development to assist you in the fulfilment of your ambitions;
• provide excellent support for NQTs with well trained and experienced professional tutors and mentors.