Focus Hindhead Campus is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, qualified Teacher of Science (specialising in Biology) who can continue to inspire and enthuse our passionate Key Stage 4 students to fulfil their potential.
The village of Hindhead is situated in the heart of the Surrey countryside within excellent commuting distance to Guildford, Basingstoke, Crawley, Portsmouth, Chichester and surrounding areas. Hindhead is supported by a national body of schools and a central head office based in Warwickshire who are all proud to be a part of a global organisation. Hindhead Campus works “determinedly as a cohesive team to drive forward an ambitious plan for the school based on clear values which are fully understood and supported by the whole community.” School Inspection Service Report (May 2017).
Focus schools seek to promote excellence in education and enjoy outstanding student achievement, engagement and behaviour, reflecting the Christian ethos and values of the school. Our Hindhead Campus is proud to say that through our students and teachers hard work and dedication we were recently awarded a ‘top performing school in Surrey for GSCE results’ status. Hindhead students are “well-mannered, considerate, enthusiastic learners who play a major role in creating a harmonious school community”, School Inspection Service Report (May 2017)
The successful applicant will:
· Be highly motivated and an excellent classroom practitioner
· Have the ability to teach across the age and ability range in KS4 and potentially KS5
· Be an experienced teacher or an exceptional NQT
· Be fully committed to their own personal professional development
· Enjoy being part of a supportive team
· Be caring and enthusiastic
· Respect the school’s aims and values
In return we offer:
· Enthusiastic and respectful students
· Modest class sizes
· Exceptional teaching and staff facilities and equipment, including a laptop
· An already successful school with excellent and outstanding aspects
· Support from colleagues within the network of Focus regional schools
· New exciting concepts in education, which include Self-Directed Learning across all Focus Schools
· Professional support from Focus Learning Trust, equivalent to 100 hours per academic year
· An attractive salary package
Please visit our website: http://hindhead.focus-school.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn for further information relating to our schools
We welcome and encourage visits to the school prior to application. For a pre-application discussion or to arrange a visit please contact the Head Teacher on 01428 601800 .
Closing date for completed applications: Noon, Friday 28th September 2018
Focus School Hindhead Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016 and The Education Act, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment