Main Pay Range - Upper Pay Range plus possibility of a TLR2b (£4,789)
Full Time, Permanent
September 2021 start
Inspire their remarkable with us
Ryde Academy, based on the Isle of Wight, is an 11 to 18 years Secondary Academy and is sponsored by Academies Enterprise Trust (AET). The school is set in spacious grounds in the town of Ryde which is a short walk from the local esplanade; providing excellent transport links to Portsmouth and Southsea. In 2017, Ryde Academy had a new multi-million pound school building built on the existing site, with a student capacity of 1,500.
Known as the “Garden Isle” because of its beautiful landscape, unspoilt beaches, rugged coastline and beautiful countryside; the Isle of Wight is a perfect place to raise a family. Ryde Academy is easily commutable from the south coast with excellent transport links in Ryde to Portsmouth and Southsea.
Are you a self motivated, inspirational Science teacher looking for a new challenge? We’re looking for an outstanding Teacher of Science to join our good and rapidly improving Academy. There is a possibility for a TLR to be added to this role for the right candidate (to lead KS3 coordination of Science).
- You are ambitious, aiming for excellence, and possess the drive and ambition to ensure each student fulfills their potential.
- You should have a strong track record of raising attainment and achievement of every student in the subject or the ability to demonstrate you are developing outstanding practice.
- You are a passionate advocate of your subject and contribute effectively to departmental and whole school improvement.
- You have the ability to teach across the age and ability range at of 11-16.
- You have excellent interpersonal and teamworking skills which enable you to excel in a coordination role
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Monday 12 April 2021
Interviews will take place shortly after the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
Isle of Wight
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Wecome to Ryde Academy - a school community where we all 'shine bright' together.
Ryde Academy is an 11 - 18 years secondary academy situated on the picturesque Isle...