TEACHER OF SCIENCE Inner London Pay Scales
Suitable for a NQT
11-18 Mixed Catholic Voluntary-Aided School
REQUIRED FOR JANUARY 2019
We are seeking a qualified and motivated candidate to bring energy, enthusiasm and commitment to our outstanding science department. We are a high-performing, dedicated and caring team, with a passion for teaching and learning. Our department is made up of fourteen inspirational teachers, who will endeavour to challenge and support you.
Our 2018 GCSE and A-Level results remain significantly higher than the national average, and are steadily increasing year on year. The number of students securing university places (including medicine and veterinary medicine) at top universities is testament to the hard work of our students and staff.
You must hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree to be considered for this role. The role will involve delivering all three science subjects to GCSE level. Ability to teach A Level desirable.
WHY APPLY FOR THIS POSITION?
• The school has an outstanding ethos and environment for learning.
• The Department achieves outstanding results at Key Stages 4 and 5, significantly above national averages.
• We are committed to developing the talents and potential of all our staff and place great emphasis on their wellbeing.
• Bishop Thomas Grant is a hugely oversubscribed school (in excess of 1000 Applications for 180 Year 7 places) and enjoys a considerable reputation in the local area for its academic excellence and caring ethos.
• OFSTED REPORT OCTOBER 2014 Bishop Thomas Grant School is an 11-18 Catholic co-educational comprehensive school and was rated outstanding in all areas in October 2014.
• The school provides outstanding pastoral support. This helps all students to remain engaged and motivated to learn. Their exceptionally positive attitude to learning is a major contribution to their achievement.
• Students behave extremely well in and out of the classroom. They feel safe and show high levels of respect for each other, their staff and the school environment.
• Parents have very positive views about how well the school cares for their children and enables them to achieve very highly.
• The Sixth Form is outstanding.
Bishop Thomas Grant School operates rigorous safeguarding procedures. Applications from experienced teachers and NQTs are very welcome. Applicants do not have to be Catholic but should be committed to working within the Catholic ethos of the school.
If you have any questions regarding the post, please contact Mrs S Branson at the school: firstname.lastname@example.org Completed application forms must be returned to Mrs S Branson the School Business Manager.
Closing date midday Friday 19th October 2018