The Chalk Hills Academy have a great opportunity for a Teacher of Science to join our innovative and successful team. Our Science Department consists of 15 hardworking and lovely teachers who all work closely together to achieve the best results for our students. We have state of the art science facilities with fully equipped labs and a team of four Science Technicians on hand to help you deliver engaging and interactive lessons.
- To develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences for all students based on the emerging competency based curriculum.
- Be accountable for the learning and achievement of all students they teach.
- Enable students to develop their learning habits of concentration, working productively both independently and collaboratively, and producing work which is well presented.
- Assess, record and report on the personal development and academic attainment and achievement of students.
The successful candidate will have:
· Qualified Teacher Status
· Evidence of excellent classroom practice
· Excellent understanding of effective and engaging teaching methods
· The ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students
· An understanding of the use of assessment to inform planning
· Start date: ASAP or January 2018
· Salary: MPS/UPS £23,720 - £39,406
· Job Role: Full time, permanent
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
· £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
· You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward-thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses catered to your developmental needs
· Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
· Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
· Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
· Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement. Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment.” Ofsted May 2018
Teacher Testimonial: “Moving from Industry to Teaching was a daunting yet exciting experience; I joined Stockwood Park Academy as an instructor to see if teaching was for me, and have never looked back! The seamless transition into education was exciting, demanding, and the best decision I made. Like many teachers at the school, my role has evolved and I have been fortunate enough to work across the Trust in different positions. The Trust has provided me with multiple opportunities to grow and develop. I now work as an Assistant Principal at The Chalk Hills Academy, with a focus on The Teaching Trust, Admissions and Science. I feel extremely privileged to be working for an organisation that inspires learning, growth, confidence and creativity, and challenges students to rise to their full potential in a warm and caring environment.” – Mrs Jabbar, Assistant Principal