Our pupils deserve the very best.
If you relish a challenge and believe you are an inspirational and enthusiastic teacher who is committed to achieving the very best outcomes for all pupils at KS 3 and KS 4, then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for:
- an excellent teacher who believes every child has the potential to succeed in Science through developing teaching and learning that challenges and inspires young people
- someone who can teach all three Sciences at KS 3 with a specialism at KS 4 of Chemistry or Physics.
We can provide:
- a school which is moving forwards and developing to provide an excellent education for all its pupils
- a Science Department with a recently appointed Head of Science who is looking to build a team to deliver excellent results across all areas of Science
- a strong ethos of high expectations and aspirations
- the opportunity to grow and develop within a supportive environment.
Applications are welcome from Newly Qualified Teachers and experienced teachers.
Essential: Teaching qualification with Qualified Teacher Status in Secondary Science, Good degree in Science subject or equivalent, Evidence of sustained participation in CPD, An excellent classroom practitioner with a proven record of success, Experience of teaching Science at KS3 and KS4, Experience and evidence of impacting pupil achievement through all pupils making good or better progress, with evidence of intervention strategies employed, Experience and evidence of using robust tracking systems with the ability to use and interpret data at a high level, Experience and evidence of excellent exam results, Experience and evidence of enha.
Applications will only be accepted on the LCC application form, TES applications will not be accepted.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
Shortlisting date: 19 June 2018.
Interview date: 22 June 2018.
Application forms: please email the school at email@example.com with a completed application form and covering letter.
Closing date: 18 June 2018 at 12 noon.