Teacher of Science (MPS /UPS +Outer London Weighting)
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed specialist Teacher of Science for September 2018(or sooner).
At Chadwell Heath Academy we provide an excellent education for all of our pupils. In our last inspection the School was judged to be ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED in all categories. We believe strongly in comprehensive education and its ability to change lives. We want pupils to feel enthused by the opportunities that await them, and proud to be part of a multi-cultural community. What we offer:
- A comprehensive induction programme for all new staff.
- A friendly and engaged staff body who welcome new teachers and a leadership team who encourage professional development at all levels.
- A superb opportunity to develop teaching and leadership skills through bespoke CPD provision.
- Opportunities for in-house career progression.
- You will be working in a modern, well-resourced and supportive environment, which has excellent facilities. There are eleven laboratories, allowing each teacher to be based in one laboratory for the majority of their timetable. Each Laboratory is equipped with a computer, internet access, projector and interactive whiteboard. The Department is also well resourced in terms of equipment, books and science software.
- Students who are eager to learn-- 90% of our students go on to university study.
- You will be joining a department with an excellent long term track record of academic success. GCSE pass rates are routinely in excess of 80%. In Years 12 & 13 Biology, Chemistry and Physics are taught as separate sciences. The courses are popular and successful. At AS level in 2017 the pass rate was 83%. At A-level the pass rate was 98%, with 69% of grades A* to C.
What you offer:
- You will be passionate about your subject and dedicated to providing exceptional learning experiences in the classroom.
- You will be keen to contribute to wider aspects of school life.
If you share our vision for Chadwell Heath Academy then we would love to hear from you. Please click the 'Quick Apply' button below to submit your application today. Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 27th April, 2018
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. Chadwell Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment.