Sandwell Academy is one of the top performing schools in the Sandwell region. The Academy is annually over-subscribed and a hugely popular destination for students. We have been ranked Outstanding by Ofsted three times in a row due to the dedication and team spirit of all members for the Academy and the culture of celebrating success.
Due to continued growth we are now seeking a Teacher of Science to join our team from January 2020. This post would suit a teacher at any stage of their career and offers an exciting opportunity for ambitious and hardworking professionals to launch or develop their career with outstanding professional support within a dynamic team of staff.
The Science team at Sandwell Academy are an enthusiastic team of scientists who enjoy teaching the subject and are committed to innovative and engaging science opportunities for students. The curriculum is well resourced and designed to enable teachers the flexibility to adapt their session planning to the needs of students in their care. Students are taught in groups of up to 25 in modern laboratories, with technician support to provide a wide range of practical experiences.
Salary & Benefits
- Salaries are competitive and above national pay scales. Successful candidates are also eligible for performance related pay linked to Academy policy in addition to their salary.
- You will enjoy working in state of the art facilities, with a calm positive and respectful environment.
- You will be given 80% teaching commitment, allowing you time to develop excellent lessons. Up to 10 days per year are also allocated for professional development.
- We also offer a cycle to work scheme, shopping discounts and use of a state of the art fitness suite.
If you are keen to work in a successful and growing academy, which encourages staff to aim high in their own careers, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Visits to the academy are warmly welcomed and encouraged, please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education to arrange this.
For more information, and to request an application pack including job description and person specification, please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education on
T: 0121 236 4476
Closing date: 9am Monday 21st October
* We reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if necessary. Candidates are encouraged to return their application as soon as possible.
Sandwell Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children so you will need to take an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. We are committed to promoting Equal Opportunities and therefore only applications submitted on the Academy’s application form will be considered.