Job Title: Teacher of Science
Start Date: September 2021
Due to continued growth and expansion of the Science Department, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Teacher of Science to join our hard working, approachable and supportive Science team. The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher with high expectations and they should possess the imagination, energy and skill to help craft their curriculum and department.
Reddish Vale High School is part of South Manchester Learning Trust, expressed simply the trust is committed to personal growth and academic excellence for all pupils. At Reddish Vale High School, committed staff provide a positive and nurturing environment that inspires a passion for learning, so that every pupil progresses and thrives. Our pupils are encouraged to achieve to their best personally, academically, physically and socially. High expectations and standards are driven through teamwork and underpinned through the school’s core values of, Respect, Aspiration, Determination and Independence.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and dynamic teacher to teach Science across the age and ability range within both Key Stage 3 and 4 including GCSE level, you will be expected to teach across Biology, Chemistry and Physics. There may also be an opportunity to support lessons in Animal Care, which is recent addition to the curriculum at BTEC level. You will work within a highly motivated and friendly team who aim to develop the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills. The successful candidate will have the ability, drive and commitment to maintain and improve the current success rate, you should have:
• A real passion for teaching and learning in Science
• The ability to inspire, challenge and motivate pupils
• A willingness to contribute to the school and multi academy trust at all levels
• A willingness to be supportive of the Science Departments drive to enable all students to achieve their full potential.
We can offer:
• A friendly, supportive and hugely talented whole staff team
• A school with an exciting future and history of continuous improvement
• Outstanding and supportive leadership at all levels
• An inclusive learning ethos
• An opportunity to be at the heart of a new, emerging multi academy trust.
If this sounds like the job for you then come and join us. Please visit our website for further information www.reddish.stockport.sch.uk. Completed applications should returned to email@example.com quoting the post title and your name in the subject line. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 8am Monday 17th May 2021
Interview date: w/c 17th May 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.
Reddish Vale High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years