Teacher of Science
Starting date: September 2018 (or earlier)
Salary: MPR/UPR - £22,917 - £38,633
Are you a highly committed teacher who genuinely wants to make a difference to the lives of young people? As an experienced teacher, someone in the early stages of their career, or an ITT student, do you want to join a school that recognises how important science is and rightly places it second to no other subject? If so, read on!
We are a highly successful 11-18 academy and the lead school in a Multi Academy Trust. In November 2017, Ofsted said, “Southmoor Academy is a good and improving school where pupils are achieving well. The headteacher provides strong and effective leadership… effectively assisted by leaders at all levels.” Science is transforming from an area requiring improvement to a subject which now boasts some of the strongest progress and attainment in the school, thanks to the investment it deserved. Science is also firmly established in our new sixth form as the area with by far the largest uptake at ‘A’ level. The department has a great mix of experience and early careers teachers. Enthusiasm and passion for science unites the area. As an expanding subject we are looking for someone to join the team and be part of our journey towards becoming outstanding.
You will be:
• a well-qualified scientist with a passion for the subject
• a team-player who will take full advantage of our dedicated CPD and support network
• someone with a real drive to secure successful pupil outcomes
• The opportunity to work with other highly successful teachers in Science (all teaching in science is at least good and mostly outstanding)
• The opportunity to teach A-level within your specialism
• Full support from an organisation that sees science as second to no subject and invests accordingly (e.g. ALL pupils have SIX science lessons weekly at KS3 and NINE lessons from Y9 and throughout KS4)
• A curriculum fully reflective of the fact that science comprises three separate subjects and is taught accordingly
• Support for you to develop within an organisation that wants you to be happy and successful, and implements innovative strategies to support this
• Ambitious pupils taught in an environment where outstanding academic progression is the highest priority; where nearly half of all KS4 pupils go on to ‘A’ levels within the school and around a third of all sixth formers taking up university courses in September 2017 now attend a Russell Group institution.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9.00am on Monday 19th March 2018. Applications should be returned to Samantha Ferry, HR Manager: Ferry.S@sandhillview.com
Interested applicants wanting to find out more about the school prior to application are warmly invited to visit and / or have an informal chat. Please phone or text the Principal’s PA on 07860929403.
Please visit our website for further details: www.southmoorschool.co.uk
Southmoor Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Southmoor Academy and The Sixth Form is part of Southmoor Academy Trust which includes Sandhill View School.