In response to increasing student numbers, the Ockendon Academy are currently looking for a Teacher of Science (all specialisms welcomed) to start as soon as possible. We support applications from both experienced teachers to help build and develop this department or newly qualified teachers seeking to widen their experience.
We are keen to appoint someone who enjoys inspiring students through their passion for the subject, has excitement and drive for teaching and learning and a strong desire to make a difference to student achievement, fully embracing our motto to ‘Enjoy being the best you can be’. In return, the Academy will provide support through mentoring & CPD and there is opportunity of promotion through leadership for those who are looking to advance in their careers. We can also provide assistance with accommodation and relocation.
The ideal candidate will fully support and contribute to the work of the Science Department and help to build on its continued development. You will be someone who seeks to understand the basic motives of each student and use this to maximise engagement and enhance the learning process, developing active learning strategies to challenge and inspire no matter the skill set.
- Be educated to a first degree level or equivalent and hold QTS.
- Have experience of teaching the UK curriculum, ideally to Key Stage 5 and have the ability to plan and deliver lessons to ensure excellent learning progression takes place in all areas.
- Can assess and mark work, monitor pupils' progression and raise attainment levels.
- Have evidence that they have supported students effectively and possess a capacity to deliver engaging lessons, which inspire and motivate pupils to challenge their own learning.
- Have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
The Principal is happy to meet you for a pre-application visit, please contact Helen Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
To apply, please visit our website www.theockendonacademy.com to download the Job Description, Person Specification and Application form, or alternatively contact Denise Fowler, HR Manager at email@example.com, for an application pack.
The Ockendon Academy and Ockendon Studio School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.