We are looking for a Teacher of Science from September 2019.
Wellacre Academy in Trafford was designated 'Good' by Ofsted following a successful inspection in May 2017. Inspectors highlighted a number of key reasons for the school's success including:
- Strong leadership and governance provide the school with good capacity to sustain further improvement and move to outstanding;
- The school is producing " well-rounded citizens that have the skills such as resilience, self-confidence, self-worth and empathy to prepare them for the next stage of their lives";
- A resounding positive judgement on the behaviour of the boys at the school and that the boys "feel safe and are safe" at the school and that boys are free from bullying and that "The school is highly inclusive and welcoming";
- Pupils' conduct around the school is consistently good. They are self-disciplined and orderly when they move around the school. The atmosphere is calm and safe. Pupils are respected and show respect for one another;
- Pupils have good attitudes to learning. They are attentive and contribute enthusiastically in lessons. Pupils are proud of their achievements and are a credit to the school.
We would like to hear from all candidates irrespective of career stage. You will be able to teach Science at KS3 and KS4 and be a dedicated and passionate professional who will inspire students and be committed to raising the aspirations of all - regardless of background.
We offer the opportunity to be part of a highly innovative and successful Faculty in a school with quality first teaching and pastoral care at its heart, a friendly and supportive working environment with a commitment to staff wellbeing and a comprehensive induction programme leading to the opportunity to engage in further professional development, including access to a team of coaches.
If you feel that you could add value to the current provision in our Science Faculty and have the necessary energy, enthusiasm and sense of humour to join us, please complete the application form on our vacancies page via the Apply link.
Completed application forms should be emailed electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 23rd April 2019.
Interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing 29th April 2019.
Wellacre Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
In accordance with GDPR which came into effect on 25th May 2018 applicants should note that by submitting data, they agrees that this data can be processed and stored.
Unsuccessful application forms and associated papers will be stored on file for six months from date of interview. The form and associated papers relating to the appointed person will be placed on their personnel file. Wellacre reserves the right to contact data subjects who have submitted this data both upon submission and in the future to ensure data is accurate.