KAA is a growing 11-18 academy. In our first three years we have built a school which has the very highest standards, both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. We now have 720 students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, and 200 in Y12 & 13. Our school is heavily oversubscribed at both Year 7 and Sixth Form.
At KAA we are building a school which has the very highest standards - both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In July 2014 the Department of Education reported we are “one of the best new academies they had ever seen” in terms of our planning and curriculum development. In November of that year we were inspected by Miriam Rosen, former HMCI, who wrote “the academy has made a remarkable start and is already securing highly positive outcomes for students.” We look forward to our first full Ofsted inspection in due course and aim to achieve ‘outstanding’ in all areas.
We are currently looking for a talented and committed teacher of Science to join our growing Science department.
The successful candidate will have:
- Evidence of being, or having the clear potential to be, an outstanding teacher of their subject.
- Significantly contributed to the work of a successful department.
- Experience of leading the planning and implementation of a curriculum initiative.
- Experience (can be limited) of delivering staff training and undertaking professional development of other teachers.
- Contributed to intervention programmes at a department/year group/whole school level.
- Good knowledge of data, tracking and monitoring of discrete groups of students.
- NQTs may apply if they can demonstrate high-potential through the process.
Deadline: Apply by 9 am on Wednesday 4th October 2017
Please send your completed application form to Lavinia Baboi at firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.