Davison C.E. High School for Girls is a large and successful secondary school, with a caring and supportive ethos, underpinned by strong Christian values. Our recent Section 48 SIAMS inspection judged us an “Outstanding” Church School.
The Science Department has celebrated high achievement over a number of years and 2018’s Year 11 Combined Scientists achieved 59% 4-4+ in Combined Science. Triple Scientists achieved 92% 4+ in Physics, 89% 4+ in Chemistry and 92% 4+ in Biology.
We require a Scientist who:
• is able to make science lessons relevant and fun
• has the personality to enthuse and engage
• has excellent ICT skills
• is able to teach all three Sciences at KS3, and Biology and one other Science at KS4
• is committed to enrichment/extra-curricular activities
• a supportive induction year for newly qualified teachers
• a school where teachers want to teach and pupils want to learn
• a successful and well-resourced Science Department
• opportunities to work in the community
• a very supportive staff – full of fun, enthusiasm and good humour