Teacher of Science (Chemistry)
Full Time, Permanent Contract
Main Pay Scale / Post Threshold Pay Scale (depending on experience)
Starting date: 1 September 2019
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and talented Teacher of Science, specialising in Chemistry to join our excellent Science Department.
Waldegrave empowers teachers and middle leaders to deliver our curriculum. Our welcoming Science team encourages new ideas, promotes CPD and meets regularly to ensure that effective team planning and excellent resources result in the best outcomes for all students.
• is a school where everyone enjoys learning, feels valued and experiences success;
• believes in a strong, supportive environment that values pastoral, extra-curricular as well as academic progression. This has lead us to being rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2018 and awarded ‘Comprehensive School of the Year 2016’ by The Sunday Times;
• values and promotes continued CPD. Waldegrave is a teaching school and can offer great support and progression to all staff from NQT’s to middle leaders and onwards to senior leadership;
• has strong links with other local schools, both primary and secondary as well as outside local community associations and clubs;
• is oversubscribed throughout the school and enjoy a thriving, growing sixth form.
Waldegrave School can offer you:
• a supportive community environment in which to develop your career;
• a Staff Association who help to support staff well-being and organise social events;
• a cycle to work scheme as well as an employee benefits and well-being scheme;
• on-site parking;
• close transport links – Fulwell and Strawberry Hill train stations as well as many bus routes;
• after school fitness classes, e.g. zumba and yoga, as well as use of our fitness suite.
Closing date for receiving applications is by noon on Tuesday 23rd April 2019 with interviews taking place on Friday 26th April 2019. However, early applications are encouraged as school applications will be reviewed when received. The school reserves the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check; a prohibition from teaching check, where applicable; and appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee.