Teacher of Science with a TLR Responsibility (TBC on appointment)
Do you have the desire and ability to inspire, motivate and engage students? Will you enjoy working with colleagues in a collegiate, supportive, forward thinking professional environment?
If you are passionate about improving opportunities for young people and ensuring they make excellent progress, through excellent teaching and learning, we warmly encourage you to apply for this post.
At this time, we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher of science who could lead on some aspect of science (possibly chemistry), with a commitment to excellence and helping every child succeed.
On 1st March 2017 Rye Hills became part of Nunthorpe Multi Academy Trust which evolved from Nunthorpe Academy, a local outstanding secondary academy.
With the growth of Nunthorpe Multi Academy Trust, Rye Hills is at an exciting point in its development. Successful candidates will have a wealth of opportunities to support this growth and raise standards, with the added opportunities which being part of a multi-academy trust enables.
Rye Hills is a popular 11-16 academy, with approximately 900 students on roll. The academy is situated on an attractive, modern site on the outskirts of Redcar, in the North East of England.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding classroom practitioner or someone with the potential to become one. You should:
• have experience of teaching science at Key Stages 3 and 4;
• be an excellent science teacher (chemistry preferably);
• enjoy working and developing as part of a team;
• have the desire and ability to inspire, motivate and engage students;
• be able to lead others;
• be a committed, highly competent, reflective and resilient professional.
In addition to a highly competitive salary, Rye Hills can offer the successful candidate:
• An extensive CPD programme and commitment to professional development;
• support from experienced leaders;
• opportunities to work with Nunthorpe Academy as part of our Multi Academy Trust;
• the opportunity for part-sponsorship to complete a Masters in Education with Northumbria University.
For further information or to apply, please visit the vacancies section on our academy website: www.ryehills.co uk