TEACHER OF SCIENCE (full-time) (TMS/UPS) (TLR available for the right candidate)
required for January 2019 to teach girls of all abilities across the 11 – 16 age range
The Science Department has celebrated high achievement over a number of years and 2018’s Year 11 Combined Scientists achieved 59% 4-4+ in Combined Science. Triple Scientists achieved 92% 4+ in Physics, 89% 4+ in Chemistry and 92% 4+ in Biology.
Our aim is to ensure every girl reaches her full potential. We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic colleague who can demonstrate their ability as an excellent classroom practitioner. We require a Scientist who:
• is able to make science lessons relevant and fun
• has the personality to enthuse and engage
• has excellent ICT skills
• is able to teach all three Sciences at KS3, and Biology and one other Science at KS4
• is committed to enrichment/extra-curricular activities
• a supportive induction year for newly qualified teachers
• a school where teachers want to teach and pupils want to learn
• a successful and well resourced Science Department
• opportunities to work in the community
• a very supportive staff – full of fun, enthusiasm and good humour
For further details and a teaching application form, please see our website: www.davison.w-sussex.sch.uk
For further information or a discussion please contact Mr Chris Keating, Headteacher on 01903 233835 The post is subject to DBS clearance and Davison actively promotes the welfare and safety of children. We have an on-site day nursery which provides term time child care at competitive rates.
Please apply using our teaching application form sent to Mr C Keating, Headteacher, Davison CE High School, Selborne Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 2JX
The post is open to applications until 9am Monday 15th October. Interviews will be held later that week. The school reserves the right to appoint at any time during the recruitment process.