(An NQT appointment will be paid for July induction)
Cranford Community College is a friendly and vibrant secondary academy in West London rated ‘Outstanding’ in all areas by Ofsted.
We are committed to developing colleagues at every stage of their careers and have a range of staff development activities on offer. We prioritize collaborative team work and a positive ‘can do’ attitude throughout the whole school for the benefit of our students and the community and to promote staff wellbeing.
This is an opportunity for a passionate Teacher of Social Sciences to join a successful and supportive team in a high quality well-resourced environment. Social Sciences are very popular at Cranford. The school offers Psychology and Sociology at GCSE and A Level and is also a first wave provider of the new T Level in Education and Childcare. This vacancy would suit both a newly qualified teacher and a more experienced teacher.
What we can offer:
• Extensive support, guidance and training with great opportunities for development and progression
• Regular opportunities to apply for internal promotion to support career development
• Fully funded CPD including NPQ Leadership courses
• A large Sixth Form providing staff with the opportunity for Post 16 teaching
• A programme of amazing extra-curricular and international visits and exchanges
• Good transport links – Crossrail and the Piccadilly line are short bus rides away
• We are within close proximity to the A4, M4 and M25 and provide free parking on site for all staff
• A range of staff sporting and social activities
• Workload reducing initiatives
• Healthcare cash plans
• Family friendly policies
What you can offer:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Ability to teach Sociology and / or Psychology up to A Level and a willingness to contribute to the delivery of T Level Education and Childcare
• A passion for enthusing young people about Social Sciences
At least one reference will need to be from your current Headteacher.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers must share this
We will contact suitable applicants as they apply and before the closing date. Please ensure you fill in all the fields on the application form to be considered for the role. Visit our website for more information on the school.
Closing date: Tuesday 25th May 2021
Cranford Community College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years