Teacher of Sociology/RE
Opportunity to join an ‘Outstanding’ all-through academy
Ark Academy is an all-through school in state-of-the-art school in Wembley, set against the backdrop of the iconic Wembley Stadium. The secondary school opened in 2010 and has grown year on year with each new intake of students with our first cohort of Year 13 students taking up their university places in 2017.
We are looking to appoint a Sociology/RE teacher to work in two highly successful departments. Sociology is a popular ‘A’ Level subject in our growing sixth form with over 60 students currently taking the subject. RE is a core subject at GCSE and popular with our students and taught to ‘A’ level.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified classroom teacher to make a significant contribution to the school. TLRs are available for an appropriately qualified and experienced candidate.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach Sociology KS5 and RE KS3 & 4 the ideal candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher or have the potential to become outstanding
- be experienced in raising or the desire to raise attainment in a challenging classroom environment
- have proven experience of working or the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
- be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses and the belief that every child can succeed
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- become part of a team developing a new ‘Outstanding’ all-through academy
- join a highly successful team that has an exceptional track record for training teachers
- access continuous staff development. We have a minimum of 10 training days and weekly in school sessions of a high standard. We strongly support NPQML, NPQSL and Lead Practitioner course.
- join the Ark network and have access to a range of benefits including professional development opportunities, including moderation opportunities across all Ark Schools.
We welcome applications from NQTs as well as more experienced candidates, with TLRs available for an appropriately qualified and experienced candidate.
For further information please go to www.arkacademy.org. Please submit your application via the following link: https://goo.gl/dPvdyh by 9am, 2 February 2018.
Deadline: 9am on 2 February 2018.
Salary: Ark MPS/UPS (Inner London), £29,377 – £48,481, dependent on experience TLRs are additional
Location: Wembley Park, London (two-minute walk from Metropolitan and Jubilee line tube lines)
Start date: September 2018
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.