The Chalfonts Independent Grammar School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, authorised to offer the IB Middle Years Programme (IGCSE equivalent) and IB Diploma Programme (A Level equivalent). We are focused on facilitating a meaningful education which is based on high achievement and inquiry based learning. The school consists of small classes, (max 14); our IB programmes provide each student with opportunities to explore, inquire and develop confidence, as well as equipping them with the skills, knowledge, and understanding necessary for the 21st century.
We are in an exciting phase in our development with plans for a large purpose built, three form entry, school in the Chalfonts area. Currently we are situated on London Road in High Wycombe with excellent transport links to London. We are part of the Alpha Group of schools which is a network of premium independent primary and secondary schools, offering best practice and professional development opportunities for teachers.
We are seeking a Spanish & French Teacher; initially part time (0.4 FTE), the role will grow as the we continue to grow. The post is for September 2019.
• To be a fluent and qualified Spanish & French Teacher, with an appropriate teaching qualification and a passion for both subjects.
• You will ideally have experience (or be capable of) teaching to up to GCSE and/or IBMYP level in both subjects and A Level/IB Diploma Level in one language.
• Ability to offer an additional language would be of interest.
• To set high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
• To use positive classroom management of behaviour to allow pupils to feel safe and secure and promote their self-esteem.
• To be a role-model to pupils through your personal presentation and professional conduct.
• NB: Experience of teaching the IB Middle Years Programme or Diploma Programme would be desirable, although it is not essential as IB training will be offered by the school.
• A willingness to play a full roll in the extra-curricular life of the school.
For further information about The Chalfonts Independent Grammar School, please see our website: http://www.thechalfontsgrammar.co.uk/
Early application is strongly encouraged and we reserve the right to appoint early.
The Chalfonts Independent Grammar School is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect staff to share this commitment.