The Directors of the Gardener Schools Group have established Kew House School in the conviction that there exists an opportunity for a different kind of independent secondary school in London - academically demanding but with a modern approach to selection criteria, the flexibility of the curriculum and recognition of creativity and talent.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic graduate teacher with the ability to teach Spanish and one or more of the following languages:
- Spanish is taught to all KS3 students
- We expect most students to study a language at KS4 and offer Spanish, Latin, French and German
- We offer all of the above languages at A level.
We also teach:
- Latin: all students study Latin in KS3
- French: all students study French in KS3
- German: all students study German in KS3
- We offer a mother tongue programme for other languages as part of our EAL programme
- The ability to teach Latin to year 7 and 8 would be desirable but not essential.
In addition you will have:
- Commitment to, and experience of, using a range of teaching styles and methods including ICT. Classrooms are equipped with IWB / digital projectors. A VLE will be developed as a priority to support student learning.
- Willingness to offer extra support through subject clinics and revision classes.
- Willingness to participate in the wider co-curricular life of the school.
The ability to offer an additional subject at Key Stage 3 level as the school grows and builds its staffing provision may enable us to offer extended hours of employment.
The school is committed to staff development and this position will provide a good springboard for further promotion within the school and beyond. All staff will be encouraged to attend INSET courses and will be provided with ample professional development opportunities.
The school operates its own pay scales consistent with national teacher pay scales and will offer salary commensurate with experience and the nature of the role.
To apply, please submit a completed application form together with supporting letter of application and details of two referees. One referee should be able to comment on your teaching skills, and one should be from your current or most recent employer. References will be taken prior to interview. You must provide original documents as proof of identity at interview.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Mr Mark Hudson, Headmaster, Kew House School, 6 Capital Interchange Way, London, TW8 0EX.
The closing date for applications is: February 19th, 2018.
Suitable applicants will be contacted by email and invited to attend an interview during the week of 26th February.
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy and applicants should let us know of any special needs they may have. Kew House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and questions will be asked at interview to assess suitability of candidate to work with our children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory criminal record (DBS) check.