We are seeking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic Teacher of Spanish to join our popular and oversubscribed STEM specialist academy. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and inspirational teacher who is passionate about Languages. Both experienced and Newly Qualified Teachers are encouraged to apply. Due to current timetabling for September 2019, we are in the position to consider part-time applicants only who are interested in working 1 day per week. The successful candidate will teach definitely teach Friday mornings, and we are flexible on the other working day.
Modern Foreign Languages teachers at UCL Academy plan and teach a curriculum which is both inspiring and engaging and includes elements of culture and cutting edge research. Within our MFL Faculty we teach Mandarin, German and Spanish and have access to 2 open learning spaces, a dedicated Confucius Classroom, a lecture theatre and a forum area, where innovative teaching and learning is encouraged. In Spanish, we aim to enrich our students with practical and real-life context languages learning in the classroom, supplementing this learning with regular culture-based rewards trips in the UK and language tours and exchanges abroad, which we encourage team members to plan and lead. The UCL Academy sees the learning of an MFL as a crucial life skill for our students and so we need you, a highly motivated Spanish teacher, to join our team to inspire the next generation of language learners.
Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden. We pride ourselves on high academic aspirations and a caring and inclusive environment. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology. Our students are able to take advantage of our sponsor University College London’s world class facilities and expertise from their very first school day, and are exposed to university life throughout their Academy career. Staff from both institutions work collaboratively, with those from the university working aspirationally with the academy’s students. You can also visit www.uclacademy.co.uk for more information on the Academy.
• State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration; theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics;
• Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
• Flexibility in start and finish times, longer holidays and more Academy planning days than normal INSET arrangements;
• A whole school wellbeing strategy and designated Academy Wellbeing Lead;
• An exclusive partnership with UCL where teaching staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources;
• Suitable IT equipment for all teaching staff;
• A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide.
How To Apply:
To apply please complete an application pack by selecting the apply button on this advert, or you can contact Lisa Connolly on 0207 449 3086 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy, Hays is our recruitment partner and may contact you further regarding your application.
Closing Date: Monday 17th June 2019 at 12pm
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
The Academy has the right to interview and appoint before the closing date. Previous applicants need not apply.