Hartland International School is seeking to appoint an exceptional Teacher of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) due to our growth and expansion.
The school which opened in September 2015, is rapidly developing a reputation for excellence in learning and teaching. We provide the best possible education for every child in our care and import the very best practices from independent schools around the globe. With just over 550 children enrolled at present from 65 different nationalities, Hartland is a truly international community. We combine a unique blend of academic challenge, enrichment opportunities and pastoral support to target excellence and create a values based family of teachers, children and parents.
Located in the heart of Dubai, in a developing residential community, Hartland’s unique vantage point is the iconic landmark of the Burj Khalifa, the Dubai Mall and Downtown Business area of the city. The school will operate from Foundation Stage to Year 10 and anticipates natural year on year growth in the secondary section in the coming years. We offer the National Curriculum for England and plan to offer GCSE’s / IGCSE’s, ‘A’ Levels and the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
The school was recently awarded the Patrons Accreditation and Compliance Award from COBIS and is a member of BSME and NACE.
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional and highly motivated professional Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Teacher who is passionate about providing outstanding provision for children with SEND and additional learning needs. The successful applicant will be an outstanding teaching practitioner, who will also possess other pastoral strengths, with a specific commitment to the inclusive education of children with SEND. The role will provide specialist teaching for individuals and groups of children with SEND, and to support the SENDCo and class teachers in the planning and delivery of both mainstream and SEND programmes. The successful candidate will be an inspirational teacher who is patient, hardworking and committed to providing high quality learning. Applications are invited from practitioners who are passionate and forward thinking and who will thrive in a vibrant learning environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Show commitment to the inclusion of all students
- Have a strong background of teaching and supporting students with SEND in a mainstream setting.
- You will be comfortable working with children and students of all ages, including EYFS and Primary. The role entails supporting class teachers, running group/individual intervention programmes, and liaising with parents and external agencies
- Have strong knowledge of current practice and developments for students with SEND
- Have previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
- Have a passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- Have and show respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- Hold a relevant degree, teaching qualification and a qualification related to SEND
- Have experience of teaching the National Curriculum for England whether that be in the UK or in an international setting
- Have a minimum 3 years’ experience
- Be committed to the Hartland Values
As a member of the Hartland team, you will share in the responsibility for teaching, learning, enrichment and pastoral care and will be someone who can thrive on the challenge of growing a new school and community. The school is also committed to supporting and promoting continuing professional development.
In return, you will receive a competitive and attractive tax free salary, high quality fully furnished accommodation, private medical insurance, family allowances where applicable and annual airfare to home country with End of Service Gratuity.
Hartland International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be subject to a police check.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is 22 February 2019 with interviews taking place by Skype and in Dubai the following week. Start date for this position is August 2019.
Candidates wishing to apply should complete the application form and send it with a CV and covering letter to the HR Manager, Mrs Elizabeth Riley. Please include a recent photograph.
Your application should contain the names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three professional referees and include your current line manager / Head of School.
Please click on the apply button to submit your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.