DORMERS WELLS HIGH SCHOOL
MATHS AND COMPUTING SPECIALIST SCHOOL
Dormers Wells Lane, Southall, Middlesex, UB1 3HZ
Tel: 020 8566 6446
Headteacher: R Walsh (Ms) BA (Hons) MSc
We Have the Following Vacancy
TEACHER OF TECHNOLOGY
Salary: Inner London Pay Scale
Start Date: 1st September 2020
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic teacher of technology to work within our vibrant, highly motivated technology curriculum area. This will be a fixed term contract in the first instance.
The successful candidate will:
• Have the ability to raise attainment, innovating in the classroom to inspire and motivate students
• Have high standards and strong classroom management skills
• Have a passion for technology, excellent subject knowledge beyond the curriculum, the ability to teach at A ‘level and be committed to ensuring all students reach their full potential
Dormers Wells High School is an 11-18 mixed, multi-cultural comprehensive school. We are an Investors in People school and professional development is at the heart of our work. We have high expectations for the achievement of all of our students at Dormers Wells High School.
Our latest Ofsted report validates this sentiment with the school continuing to be judged as securely Good.
“The atmosphere is calm and orderly. Pupils have high aspirations and work hard”. Ofsted
“Staff know individuals well, and consequently relationships are good throughout.” “The impressive new building supports pupils effectively to make good progress” Ofsted December 2015.
The continual professional development of all our staff is a priority. We develop our performance and practice in a number of ways:
• Professional Development CPD sessions on Learning and Teaching
• DLTS (Department Learning Teaching Sessions)
• MLDP (Middle Leader Development Programme)
In addition to providing a friendly and supportive environment, the school also offers:
• Competitive salaries and pay progression
• An impressive wellbeing and offers package, which includes contributions towards medical and dental procedures, eye tests as well as discounted perks on over 4000 brands.
• Onsite parking
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Discounted gym rates
Application form and further details are available from the school website on www.dwhs.co.uk. Please email completed application forms to Harj Oghra at email@example.com. Please note that CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: Friday 3rd April at 9.00am with interviews to be held shortly thereafter.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school follows safe recruitment practices to protect children and vulnerable adults. Successful applicants will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the DBS. Further information can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service