St. Ignatius Catholic School is a private co-educational school with approximately 690 pupils ranging from Nursery to Advanced Level. The school is recognised for its academic rigour, excellent discipline, and caring and supportive Christian ethos. It follows the English National Curriculum to I/GCSE with many students progressing to our A-Level programme.
We invite applications from fully qualified and suitably experienced teachers for the following position for August 2021.
Teacher of Travel and Tourism and Business Studies
Candidates are expected to:
- Have a recognised and relevant degree from an accredited university, and a PGCE, QTS or other internationally recognised teaching qualification.
- At least three to five years of experience teaching Travel and Tourism and Business Studies across Key Stages 4 – 5 with evidence of successful examination results at I/GCSE and A Level in recent years. Familiarity and experience in preparing and moderating coursework for Travel and Tourism and teaching the Cambridge Internation examination board syllabus in each subject would be a distinct advantage.
- Be committed to Christ-centered values and beliefs.
- Experience in teaching an additional subject is preferred, therefore applicants should include this information within the application. Experience in teaching History would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Evidence of leading/coordinating any subject-related curricular and extra-curricular initiatives and activities would be an advantage.
- Model excellent practice in the classroom; preferably externally verified.
- Have a secure knowledge and understanding of excellent practice in teaching, learning, and the effective use of assessment to improve learning and use data effectively.
- Be able to demonstrate the impact of teaching on the progress of individual groups and cohorts of children.
- Be committed to continuing professional development.
- Be proficient in using modern educational information technology systems.
- Have excellent knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection good practice with recent, relevant training.
- Be an excellent team player committed to the Catholic ethos, values and aims of the school, and be committed to the holistic education of children.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- To provide pastoral, academic and behavioural support for children per school policies and procedures.
- To keep good records of the progress of the children in the class/group and to be able to use the formal assessment processes of the school, both for formative and summative purposes.
- To support parents with referrals to outside agencies, where required.
- To meet with parents, staff and children to provide support with Individual Education Planning and Learning plan support, where required.
- To provide communication to parents, including formal reports and meeting with parents regarding their child’s progress.
- Lead and/or be involved in a wide range of school-related extra-curricular activities.
Note: Candidates should also refer to the person specification and job description before applying.
Salary range: CI$43,499.00 to CI$58,400.00 (Tax-Free) commensurate with qualifications and experience based on the school’s salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance, contribution to a pension plan, relocation allowance (including airfare) and end of final contract repatriation allowance. The school also offers one free school place for the child of an employee.
Contracts are for two years initially and may be extended by mutual agreement.
St. Ignatius Catholic School is required under law and by the Archdiocese of Detroit to check the background of all employees. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment. Decisions to appoint will be subject to consideration of an enhanced criminal background check, qualifications check and three satisfactory references.
Deadline for receipt of applications: May 17th, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
St. Ignatius Catholic School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years