Salford College’s vision is to be a beacon of educational excellence transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Teacher of Travel and Tourism
Reference Number: SCC171844
Salary: £22,937—£38,364 per annum.
Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 3rd December 2017
Interview Date: W/C 11th December 2017
Location: Eccles Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 1.00 FTE
We require a well-qualified, enthusiastic and skilled teacher with a proven track record of outstanding academic success and achievements to teach BTEC Travel and Tourism at Level 2 and 3 at our Eccles College site. There is also an expectation that the successful candidate has taught on Level 2 and 3 Business Studies. The successful applicant must possess the ability to teach students of mixed abilities, many of whom choose to pursue this subject at university or go onto a career in travel. We are seeking someone with excellent subject knowledge and can demonstrate an ability to combine a strong classroom presence with excellent student achievement. Experience of teaching at BTEC is essential and candidates must possess a genuine interest in the subject area. The successful candidate must be student focused, possess a relevant subject degree and have an appropriate postgraduate qualification.
About Us To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website. For more information please visit our website and twitter.
Reasons to Join Us
• Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• A wide range of learning & career opportunities
• MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
• Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
• We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding:
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.