The Additional Support Needs Teacher is part of an Area Team, and is allocated to one or more schools to assist in the provision of an appropriate education for all pupils.
The role of an ASN Teacher is to:
- Act as a consultant on additional support needs.
- Jointly identify and assess additional support needs.
- Collaboratively plan learning and teaching using the staged approach.
- Together with school staff, work in partnership within integrated services, using the Highland Practice Model.
- Contribute to professional development
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of best practice and the legislative framework relating to additional support needs
This post is under represented in females. Applications from females are encouraged.
Applications from Gaelic speakers are encouraged.
Prior to confirming appointment, we will require successful candidates to become members of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme.
The council has a comprehensive relocation package which may be available to the successful candidate.
Short listed applicants will normally be contacted by email, unless otherwise stated. Please check your emails regularly, including your junk/spam folder.
Closing date: 14/11/2018
Inverness Royal Academy, Culduthel Road, Inverness