Location: The Phoenix Academy, North Petherton, Somerset
Key Stage: 2 – 3
Salary: £23,000 – £28,000 per annum
Contract: 38 weeks plus 6 inset days
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and innovative SEN Teacher to join our Education Team.
As Phoenix Education is expanding, we are looking for a resilient and experienced teacher to join our dynamic team at Phoenix Academy in North Petherton, Somerset with experience in SEMHD.
In your role you will be responsible for delivering Person-Centred education. You will have a full understanding of the statutory framework within which teachers work in order to enable our students to flourish and develop.
You will have a proven track record of working with children with a wide range of special educational needs, including those with complex autism as well as social, emotional and mental health difficulties. You will also help to further build on a reputation of high quality teaching and support for our pupils.
Skills and Requirements:
- Good knowledge of Ofsted, Safeguarding and teaching Outstanding lessons
- Understanding the needs of SEND children including skills in managing challenging behaviour
- Experience of working with SEND children
- Monitoring quality and standards
- Contributing to school planning and self-evaluation
- Providing professional support to other teachers and support staff
- Advising the Headteacher on appropriate resources and materials
- Leading appropriate professional development.
Working as part of Phoenix Learning and Care entitles you to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom based induction with extensive ongoing training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
About Phoenix Academy:
The Phoenix Academy based in Somerset and provides a unique and specialist educational resource for students with Special Educational Needs of various types, but particularly those with Social emotional and mental health difficulties. We have high expectations of our students and celebrate their ongoing successes through positive reward. The main emphasis is on nurturing the individual student and providing bespoke education to meet their individual needs.
‘We believe that all children & young people should be provided with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential; through building resilience, self-regulation and trusting relationships, we support our students to flourish; this promotes improved outcomes, attainment and self-esteem.’
Through honesty, empathy, aspiration, respect and teamwork, we strive to promote a culture where ideas can blossom, every individual can flourish and outcomes for all can be met.
For more information