- Are you passionate about learning and committed to supporting learners to achieve their potential?
- Do you have experience of working in an education or school based setting?
- Are you looking for excellent training and progression opportunities?
- Do you want to work in a friendly, supportive and sociable team?
If you have answered yes to the above, Wootton Park School a new and exciting school that aims to be outstanding in every aspect, would provide the perfect opportunities for you!
We are keen to appoint enthusiastic and highly motivated Teaching and Learning Assistants to join our growing team. This exciting opportunity will enable you to work with a team of highly committed teachers to support and develop learner progress. You will work alongside an experienced and well-regarded SENCo and Learning Development team, furthering your experience within a growing school in a supportive coaching environment.
Wootton Park School opened in 2016 with two Reception and four Year 7 classes. We will grow exponentially year on year until we reach 1260 learners. Currently housed in a bespoke modular building, we will move into our £20 million state-of-the-art school building in Spring 2020.
Wootton Park School offers a first-rate and unique learning environment, ensuring high levels of academic achievement and personal development for all, while promoting the value of public service and building a stronger society. As an all-through (4-19) school, we believe this brings a significant number of benefits to learners and staff, and we seek staff who share this vision with us.
As a Teaching and Learning Assistant you will work with learners with a range of learning, social and emotional needs in a variety of curriculum areas. The role will involve working within whole classes, with small groups and on a 1:1 basis to develop effective learning, encourage independence and promote positive behaviour and emotional well-being.
What We Can Offer You
- an exciting, friendly and conscientious working environment
- supportive professional development, following a coaching model
- excellent opportunities for progression
- opportunity to innovate and significantly contribute to the Learning Development team
- exemplary learner behaviour and engagement in learning
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate would have:
- at least 5 A*-C GCSE including English and Maths or equivalent
- an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent knowledge, experience and skills
- experience of working with young people in a learning environment
- an understanding of the varying needs of learners and how to support these
If you are inspired by this exceptional opportunity to join us at this early stage of our journey to excellence, we want to hear from you!
Wootton Park School reserves the right to close before the application deadline on receipt of sufficient applications.