Teaching & Learning Assistant – The Rise School Sixth Form, West Thames College
37.5 hours per week, 08:30 – 16:30 Permanent
Salary Point 4 of the Rise TLA pay scale £17,640 Actual
Are you an exceptional, creative practitioner who really wants to make a difference to the everyday lives of the most wonderful young adults?
• Are you committed to achieving high standards for all our pupils working closely with colleagues in a multi-disciplinary team?
• Do you want to be driven by a sense of moral purpose rather than data?
• Do you want high quality professional development and support?
• Do you want to work with highly supportive colleagues who share your values and ethos?
• Do you want to work in an organisation that supports career progression and has opportunities beyond your own school?
The Rise School is seeking to recruit an exceptional Teaching and Learning Assistant to join our team at The Rise’s brand new Sixth Form provision in partnership with West Thames College.
• Supporting our young adults' transition from school to college and beyond
• Supporting them as they attend their college course and work experience placements
• To support them with the wraparound curriculum including PSHE, Finance and Employability
• Make a difference by supporting our young people to complete their work and meet deadlines
We can offer:
• High quality professional development and support
• Inclusion into the local government pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme offering 24 hours telephone support
• Free Perkbox subscription offering benefits of particular services at reduced costs
• Weekly staff wellbeing sessions
• Childcare voucher scheme
To apply please download and complete our application form and equality monitoring form from our website www.TheRiseSchool.com. Completed applications should be emailed to LindaBurn@TheRiseSchool.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday 16th April 2021, 12 noon, interviews will take place week commencing 19th April 2021.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting including references and an enhanced DBS.
The Rise School
- Special needs with state - free school funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 19 years
Welcome to The Rise School - A Vibrant Learning Community.
Welcome to our school community. Our pupils are some of the most vulnerable children in society and we are passionate in our desire to see them blossom, experience succe...