Required for end of February 2018 for 1 year maternity cover (Part time, Fixed term)
Hours: 21.6 hours per week (0.6 FTE)
Salary: Scale P014, Salary range £64,449 - £65,769 FTE (pro rata for part time)
HLT has a national reputation for designing and delivering highly successful and ambitious school improvement for English at key stage 3 and 4 and whole school provision in literacy. Performance at GCSE remains strong and is consistently above national, continuing a trend of strong performance in the borough. Part of HLT’s secondary literacy offer is leading in Literacy (LIL), a coaching programme for literacy leads and their line managers. It uses a comprehensive framework to evaluate current practice and models strategic approaches for implementing whole school literacy provision.
The Learning Trust is looking for a dynamic head of English or teaching and learning consultant specializing in English and literacy. The successful candidate will lead school improvement in Key Stage 3 and 4 English and manage the programme LIL. This is a one year maternity cover for a professional wanting to develop their career and who is keen to work with and support other schools.
The key strands of the role will be to:
- Run English departmental reviews and provide supportive feedback and actions for improvement.
- Provide network training, whole school INSET and bespoke consultancy to Hackney schools
- Assist the HLT in developing and delivering best practice, both within and beyond the LA.
- Build strong relationships with Hackney’s subject leaders in English and provide up to date information on educational policy and evidence-based practice
- Manage and deliver LIL in schools which buy the programme.
- Line manage the LIT Programme Manager who is responsible for a key stage 3 intervention programme.
- The ideal candidate will have a powerful and proven track record of raising attainment, inspiring and challenging teachers in their practice and working strategically across a school or schools. The role is available as a secondment provided the applicants have the approval of their Head Teacher.
Closing date: 13th December 2017
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Sophie Holdforth on 07737976716