To strengthen the Science department further, The Robert Napier School are seeking to appoint a talented and inspiring Teacher of Science with an interest in Teaching and Learning for a September 2018 start. You will be joining a supportive, friendly department that are committed to achieving high standards at this popular and rapidly improving mixed secondary school.
This is an opportunity for a candidate that is passionate about science but also has aspirations for a future leadership role in leading teaching and learning. The post will provide you with the training, time and capacity to develop teaching pedagogy through effective CPD delivery, coaching and mentoring within your subject specialism in the School and across the Trust. As part of this role you will also form part of the whole school coaching group and be learning community facilitator to support the delivery of professional development.
As a Trust we feel it is important to hire for the right attitude which is why we look for teachers that are enthusiastic, focused and resilient to the day to day pressures that teaching brings and we you really want you to inspire a generation of Medway students that have a love for science.
- An outstanding Science Teacher?
- Have a flair for teaching and learning?
- A committed team player?
- Dedicated to raising standards?
We will provide:
- The opportunity to work within a successful and supportive department
- An excellent induction programme
- First rate opportunities for a personalised CPD programme that develops the next group of senior leaders.
- The opportunity to teach across the ability range and at Key Stages 3/4/5 including ‘A’ Level.
- An opportunity to lead a whole school teaching and learning project
- An opportunity for a cross trust secondment
- A 6 month secondment to the leadership team within the first 2 years of the role
- Staff pension
- Staff benefit scheme including Child Care Vouchers
- Private health care cover
If you are interested in the post, application forms are available on the school website, please complete and return to email@example.com. If you wish to discuss this post further, please contact Mr S Quenby (firstname.lastname@example.org), Deputy Headteacher or Mrs V Brooks, Head of Science, at the school or e-mail email@example.com
Closing date: 12 noon Wednesday 21st March 2018
The Robert Napier School is part of the FPTA Academies Trust an Equal Opportunities Employer – committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students – any offer of appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for all successful applicants.
The Robert Napier School
Third Ave, Gillingham, Kent. ME7 2LX
Phone: 01634 851157