We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and committed Additional Learning Support Tutor (Teaching Assistant) to join our supportive, enthusiastic and collaborative team at Ada, National College for Digital Skills in September on a term time only basis. Ada, has recently been judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted and this is an exciting time to join the team.
We are committed to the development of all our learners and this role is to improve student progress and achievement, encourage students to become independent learners, provide support for their welfare, and support the inclusion of students in all aspects of College life.
Key aspects of the role include:
• working with teachers to implement strategies to teach individual students effectively;
• providing 1 to 1 and/or small group intervention for students as required;
• paying particular attention to the development of individual students’ literacy and numeracy skills;
• working with the SENCo and external agencies to assess the needs of students;
• encouraging student participation in activities led by the teacher and interaction with others;
• establishing good relationships with students, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs;
• promoting the inclusion and acceptance of all students;
(Full details are available in the accompanying job description).
We welcome applications from candidates who:
• have an ability to confidently support students with literacy and also with numeracy at Level 2 and 3
• have some experience and/or expertise in successfully supporting secondary age students with complex learning needs
• have some experience and/or expertise in working with a range of stakeholders involved in supporting students with complex learning needs
• show significant empathy towards students, especially those with additional learning needs
• demonstrate good communication, presentation and planning skills
• enjoy working in a small, dynamic team
• have a strong desire to contribute to the continuous improvement of a young, fast-growing organisation
• display empathy with the College’s unique mission, digital specialism and culture
To apply, please submit your current CV and a covering letter outlining your interest in the role and relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org Please also include the contact details of two referees, including your current/most recent employer. (Referees will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for interview and you give us written consent to write to them).
Applications will be reviewed on receipt and interviews will take place during the week of 19 August.
Ada, National College for Digital Skills is committed to making a difference to the lives of the students with whom we work and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Ada ethos and mission statement.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. Any job offer will be conditional on various, appropriate, pre-employment checks including a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check and Barred List Check, having the legal right to work in the UK and having satisfactory overseas criminal records checks if deemed necessary and supportive references.