APT & C Grade 3/4 subject to experience
35 hours per week 8.30 am – 4.00 pm
Required for an immediate start, an enthusiastic and adaptable Teaching Assistant to join an exciting new Secondary School that opened in 2012.
Riverside School serves the growing Barking Riverside community on the north bank of the Thames and is already over-subscribed. The school currently operates in superb newly built accommodation.
This is an opportunity to join a new school as part of a tightly-knit team. All lessons take place in banded groups to enable work to be effectively targeted at the right level of challenge. The highest standards of behaviour and academic rigour are demanded and achieved.
The person appointed will be responsible for work across the areas outlined below:
- Support pupils with SEN
- Contribute to discussions concerning pupils with SEN to inform for planning/reviewing or monitoring purposes.
- Be conversant with and use information technology equipment available within the school, loading information when appropriate.
- Assist, under the guidance of appropriate professional staff, with the implementation of behaviour programmes.
- Ensure pupils’ access to classroom activities.
- Assist, as appropriate, pupils with SEN in a range of activities outside the classroom e.g. pastoral support, school trips.
- Contribute verbal/written reports on pupils with SEN for review purposes.
- Be responsible, in the school setting, for the health, safety and welfare of pupils with SEN.
The successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility and reliability.
- To be able to work as a member of a team as well under their own initiative.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- A passion for the enrichment of young people’s lives.
The above duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out such other appropriate duties as may be required by the Head of school within the grading level of the post and the competence of the post holder.
For an application form please contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 17th November 2017