SEN Teaching Assistant
Pay range – £9.20 - £10.50 per hour
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: UK QTS and experience working with students with special educational needs
Contract Dates: N/A due to this role being a supply role
Vision for Education are actively seeking to recruit for experienced Learning Support Assistants who have recent experience within an SEMH environment, to work in the Barnsley area with KS1 to KS4 pupils.
This excellent opportunity would be ideal for an experienced LSA or equally someone with a strong background within a similar setting i.e. residential care for young people, who is looking to carry out long term or day to day supply in the Barnsley area.
A supply role would require you to provide support to the class teacher and other LSA’s within small classes across all key stages up to 4.
Working with students with social, emotional and mental health difficulties is an extremely rewarding environment to work in and requires someone who has a nurturing yet resilient approach within the classroom.
All of our SEND schools and settings are passionate about providing the best quality of education, care and specialist support for all their pupils and put them at the centre of everything they do. It is important that this is at the forefront of your values also.
To be considered for the position of SEMH LSA, you will:
• Have experience supporting children and or young adults with SEMH
• Be able to provide details for two professional references
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of specialist teachers
• Experience of following EHCP’s
• Experience of deescalating behavioural needs
• Be available at least 3 days a week for supply requirements
• Training such as MAPA/Team Teach are beneficial but not essential
• Have a passion for supporting students and teachers, with the ability to work in small groups and on a 121 basis
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated SEND consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an experienced SEND LSA with existing experience in SEND who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Sheffield branch today on 0114 553 0900