We are looking for an efficient and enthusiastic member of staff to join our school as a Teaching Assistant (Grade 4). This post would suit someone with a particular interest and/or experience in EYFS provision.
Duties will include:
- Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and personal care programmes
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils, parents/carers, promoting inclusion and acceptance.
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans
- Assist with the planning of learning activities and use strategies, in liaison with the teacher, to support pupils to achieve learning objectives
- Monitor pupils’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed
- Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use
- Prepare, maintain and use equipment/resources required to meet the lesson plans/relevant learning activity and assist pupils in their use
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school and attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
· Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
· Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required and take responsibility for a group under the supervision of the teacher
- To undertake other duties, appropriate to the grade, as may reasonably be required by the headteacher
The River Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. The River Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our schools' community.
The River Learning Trust (RLT) is a multi-academy trust responsible for a number of schools and a school centred initial teacher training provider within Oxfordshire. The schools and SCITT are united by their commitment to the principles of the trust and a common belief in the benefits of everything that is gained by working together.
• Commitment to Excellence; striving for the best educational experience
• Everyone Learning; creating and taking opportunities that enhance lives
• Respectful Relationships; acting with care, integrity, and fairness in all we do
Visits to the school are warmly welcome and actively encouraged. Please call 01993 842372 to arrange a visit and for any further information.