ABC Teachers are working with a large primary school in Coventry to recruit a teaching assistant to work on a full-time contract. You will be required to work with a child who has autism and will need support to focus within the classroom and to engage on a 1-1 basis.
The school itself is a popular primary which caters for a broad range of pupils and has excellent facilities to benefit every child. The staff here work well together to provide all children with access to a challenging and creative curriculum and aim to work to high achieving standards.
The successful candidate:
• Must be NVQ Level 3 qualified in a relevant subject or have a minimum of 3 months experience in a similar role
• Have proven experience of working with children who require additional needs
• Be an approachable and friendly team-player
• Have a sound knowledge of the whole primary curriculum
• Demonstrate a positive and hard-working attitude
• Have strong communication skills
This is a temporary position which will continue until the end of the academic year.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff must hold an enhanced DBS disclosure which must also be registered to the Update Service (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
About ABC Teachers:
ABC Teachers are a leading teaching agency offering a fresh approach to education recruitment. We work with teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in both supply and permanent positions.
We are proud to work in partnership with Tes in finding the highest calibre staff for their school.
ABC Teachers are REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency. Candidates’ pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy meaning that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school (subject to qualifying criteria).
Please be aware that telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification and recent, referenceable school-based experience (within the last 5 years).
Working with ABC Teachers
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package
• Uncapped referral bonus scheme (subject to T&C)
We have similar positions to offer on a daily basis. Keep up to date with us on our website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, then please contact Thomas Haynes on 02476 510 097 or submit your details.