When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site, they belong to the Whitley Academy Community. In this community, we build meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual respect. Our classrooms, corridors and the school environment are safe spaces where nobody is judged and everyone is valued. In our community, we are proud of our school and committed to supporting all staff and students to “be the best you can be”.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, resilient and highly motivated teaching assistant to support the learning of students in Key stages 3 and 4.
The successful candidate must be:
- Committed to making a difference to the lives of pupils,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues,
- Values driven and;
- Someone who can forge positive relationships with students to encourage great learning.
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where wellbeing and workload are effectively managed,
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace,
- Access to the Lion Teaching School Alliance, which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff, to ensure that everyone is enabled to develop, grow and collaborate,
- PiXL network access, developing new ideas and strategies to impact on student learning and
- A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme built into directed time - fostering excellence in teaching and learning, a personal laptop, free parking, and a vibrant modern building and facilities in a beautiful location within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
Successful candidates should look forward to working in a challenging and inspiring environment within which there is ample opportunity to lay the foundations for career progression and leadership. We are committed to ensuring that every member of our school community is enabled to ‘be the best they can be’.
We hope that after considering all the information provided, you will decide to make an application.
A reminder that the closing date is Monday 30th March @ 9:00am.
Completed applications should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who submit an application form before the closing date, may be invited for interview early, therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
Whatever the outcome of your application we thank you for the interest you have shown and wish you well for your future career.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Employment at the Academy will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) in accordance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Police Act 1997 and the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.