Bethany is a vibrant, forward-looking School with a friendly and supportive staff and pupil community. Staff are expected to be in sympathy with the Christian faith which underpins the community and to contribute to the wider life of the School.
We are currently looking for an energetic, hardworking and flexible person to support our students in classroom areas and in our extensive extracurricular programme. The position is term time only and the salary for the role is £14,450.00 per annum.
Key duties are not limited to but include:
- Ensuring students are engaged, actively listening, involved and participating in the lesson by questioning, redirecting to look/listen/join in, modelling;
- Ensuring students understand, retain and implement instructions by asking them to repeat/explain instructions;
- Ensuring students understand and use vocabulary correctly by monitoring the student’s use of vocabulary and scaffolding use of vocabulary;
- Assisting students in developing concepts by monitoring student response in whole class sessions and following up during independent work as needed;
- Ensuring students develop concepts by leading small group sessions;
- Ensuring students are recording work and prep accurately and neatly and in the appropriate form;
- To liaise with the subject teacher prior to the lesson to identify specific tasks and to be familiar with the lesson content;
- To support during out of school educational visits.
Details of the post, including job description and application form, can be obtained on the School website under the ‘Contact Us’ section or from email@example.com
Closing date: Noon on Thursday, 28th June 2018.
Interviews are expected to be held the following week.
Bethany School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo enhanced child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. The appointment will be made without regard to gender, age or ethnic origin. Bethany School is an Equal Opportunities Employer.