Grade: Scale 5 (Actual Salary: £18,496 - £20,142 pa)
Contract: 32.5 hours per week, term time only (8.15am – 3.30pm, Mon-Fri).
Thomas Tallis is a flourishing and popular school situated in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. We currently have 1900 pupils on the school roll with over 500 students in our highly competitive and outstanding sixth form. We strive for excellence in all that we do underpinned by our four core values of creativity, community, engagement and challenge.
We wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant based in the Design & Technology Department. You will assist the teacher in devising lesson plans and supporting SEN students in small groups and 1:1 sessions.
We are particularly interested in recruiting outstanding candidates who are interested in training to teach in the future. We have a commitment and good track record of supporting our Teaching Assistants through Teacher Training in a variety of ways that suit them. This is particularly the case for graduates in subjects such as Science and Maths.
We are looking for someone who has:
• a good quality degree or relevant experience
• confidence, resilience with excellent communication and organisational skills
• experience of working with secondary age children and young people
• a professional, kind and calm manner
We can offer you:
• children and young people who are eager to learn and progress
• staff who are supportive, committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for the students here
• an excellent physical environment with state of the art facilities and infrastructure
• a school committed to your professional development
If you are passionate about providing young people with a safe, supportive environment in which to ensure their success, we want to hear from you.
Download an application pack from the school’s website or you can request one by contacting the HR Department via e-mail: HR@thomastallis.org.uk.
Application forms can also be returned to HR via email.
Application closing date: 25th February 2019
Interview and assessment: w/c 4th March 2019
Thomas Tallis School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. All posts within the school are subject to an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.