Harris Boys’ Academy East Dulwich opened in September 2009 and is part of the Outstanding Harris Federation. Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy. The academy’s specialisms are Enterprise and Sport with a ‘can-do’ ethos of always improving upon your personal best. We have now reached our full capacity of 750 students across Years 7 to 11 and we work in partnership with Harris Federation Post 16. In 2017, we achieved a Progress 8 score of +0.76, which places us in the top 5% of schools nationally.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant to support our team, supporting the learning and social development of students on the SEN/AEN register.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills to help manage complex, difficult or stressful situations
- A basic knowledge of strategies to improve self esteem to help students improve their wellbeing and grow their achievements
- A basic understanding of the emotional and physical development of adolescent young men and boys
- The ability to work in a creative and flexible way.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack above.
Why work at Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich?
- A school in the top 5% in England and Wales, and the number seven boys' comprehensive school, for student progress
- Judged 'Outstanding' by Ofsted, we combine the traditional values of discipline, respect and good behaviour with contemporary best practice in teaching, learning and technology
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits
For more information, please contact the school on 020 8299 5300 or email@example.com.
Applications are also welcomed from experienced teaching assistants interested to train as a teacher through our Harris School Direct Programme: more information is available here think-train-to-teach.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.