Brooklands is one-form entry primary and nursery school based in a leafy private estate in Blackheath, Greenwich. We aim to provide the very best education for all our pupils; giving time so that each child can develop academic, personal and social skills in a caring and stimulating family-type environment.
Here we believe that children learn best through direct experience. Our school curriculum is based on this principle, which captures interest, stimulates enthusiasm and provides learning opportunities for pupils of all abilities.
At Brooklands, pupils are encouraged to take an increasing responsibility for their learning, which we believe promotes greater confidence and independence, preparing them for their future life.
Brooklands is also part of the highly successful Maritime Academy Trust, an innovative partnership of eight academies working across Greenwich and Medway.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant to join our team of staff working together to ensure all of our children achieve and succeed. This role will consist of working in classes supporting during lessons as well as delivering interventions in small groups or 1:1.
You will be:
● an experienced teaching assistant with a range of knowledge on supporting children across different ages
● someone with knowledge of teaching early reading and phonics as well as early numeracy skills
● someone committed to working in partnership with staff, parents and the community to promote excellent opportunities for all
In return we offer
● a positive, happy and friendly working environment
● a fantastic school community all working towards achieving the best for our pupils
● opportunities for further career development through the Maritime Academy Trust
● A range of amazing benefits through the Maritime Hub such as EAP Pensions, Cycle to Work Scheme, Wellbeing Centre, Employee Assistance Programme, development opportunities and access to hundreds of retail discounts
Brooklands is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check will be sought for the successful candidate.