St John & St James’ C of E Primary School is a one-form entry Primary School located in Hackney. We are a Federation of eight schools called Primary Advantage. We believe our schools can gain many benefits from working collaboratively and can achieve more by working together. We have made a commitment to a shared responsibility to the wider education community, the provision of good quality education and the improvement of life chances for pupils in the community beyond that of our own schools. Teachers, support staff, school leaders and Governors have added expertise in working alongside colleagues to improve provision and outcomes for pupils.
St John & St James C of E Primary School is looking to appoint a highly motivated and talented Level 2 Teaching Assistant to work alongside our dedicated staff to support individuals and small groups both in and outside of the classroom. The role requires someone who is passionate about children’s learning and who has a rich knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience in working across the primary curriculum.
We offer great, well resourced, learning environments, collaborative approaches to teaching and learning and we need candidates with energy, enthusiasm and a commitment to support us in this work.
We can offer you:
· great, well resourced, learning environments
· collaborative approaches to teaching and learning
· fantastic professional development and tailored support programmes
· unique and rewarding career progression opportunities
We Are looking for someone who:
· is passionate about children’s learning
· has a rich knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn
· is eager to expand their knowledge, skills and understanding of learning
· has experience of working with children aged 5 to 11 years old
· has experience in supporting teaching and learning in a school or education setting
· has experience of supporting children with special educational needs
· has experience supporting with behaviour management in an educational setting
Previous experience of working as a Teaching Assistant is essential. If you are committed to helping children to make progress in every lesson, every day we would like to hear from you. This position is being offered on a fixed term contract (July 2019) with the possibility to be extended this contract at the end of this period.
Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged. For queries in regards to this post, or to return your applications, please contact our Business & Resource Manager, Nikki Lawrence, at firstname.lastname@example.org